It is amazing how people’s desire to grill is increasing every day and instead of this, manufacturers are taking the bulls by the horn, trying to build grills that will satisfy the desires of grillers.
Offset smokers, also known as barrel smokers or horizontal offset Smokers are one of those grill innovations that offer traditional smoking in a simple but yet effective design. These smokers teach the conventional way of smoking as they are powered by charcoal or wood.
Let’s take a look at the best offset smokers on the market
Table of contents
- Best Offset Smoker for 2022
- 1. Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker, Deluxe
- 2. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
- 3. Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro
- 4. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D
- 5. Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
- 6. Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Offset Smoker
- 7. Smoke Hollow 4-in-1 LP Gas Charcoal Smoker Searing BBQ Grill Model PS9900
- 8. Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Reverse Flow Smoker
- 9. Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Reverse Flow Smoker
- 10. Outdoor Leisure SH36208 Smoke Hollow 40-Inch Barrel Smoker
Best Offset Smoker for 2022
1. Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker, Deluxe
Built in the dimensions of 28.2″ x 50.2 inches x 51 inches, this is a 3-in-1 smoker that smokes, grills and BBQ at the same time. It is considered as one of the best smokers you can ever find. The charbroil American Gourmet Offset smoker will tenderly and deliciously cook your meals without overcooking them.
The charbroil American Gourmet Offset smoker is built with a cooking surface of 670 square inches in the main chamber and in the firebox chamber, you have an extra 355 square inches. This means you have a whole lot of space for your cooking.
With this smoker, there is an end to not being able to control the cooker’s smoke and heat to a desirable level. It is equipped with multiple dampers that help you to control heat and smoke in your cooker adequately. These dampers are also adjustable.
It also comes with handles that help in handling the cooker and protects your hands from the heat. These handles have cool touch to them and are chrome-plated.
- Cool-touch, chrome-plated handles
- Multiple adjustable dampers
- Built-in storage racks
- Firebox cannot be throttled down appropriately.
2. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
This cooker has a very wonderful ability to cook up to 150 lbs of food at a time and on six heavy-duty adjustable wire racks; here you can cook individual portions or cook whole hunks as you desire.
It pictures a built-in temperature gauge where you can read all that has to do with the cooker, including the fuel gauge. This cooker also runs a Grease-management system which helps to keep the interior clean and a porcelain-enameled body which gives you hassle-free maintenance.
It is built in a sturdy steel frame with stable and angled legs for support and a vertical design – just that perfect kind of design that will give your food the juiciest flavor for a minimum amount of smoke.
The racks are adjustable to accommodate veggies, whole birds and more. It runs with charcoal fuel.
- Sturdy steel frame
- Very large cooking space of 1,176 square inches
- Powder-coated black finish
- 6 heavy-duty racks.
- Additional limited-time savings reflected in the current price.
- Cannot handle more than 1 chimney of coal
- High possibility of rusting
3. Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro
This is a smoker specially designed for professional grilling, and in fact, it offers more features than other grills would have offered for its price.
The Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro is perfect for large backyard cookouts as it features a massive grilling area of 580 square inches and an additional 250 square inches as side firebox for roasting side dishes. In all, you have a whooping cooking space of 830 square inches.
It is also designed with an adjustable ash pan which solves the problem of having to clean out ashes by tipping it over the grill. The ash pan does not only give a hassle-free cleanout, but it also makes it easy to control the heat.
The durability of this cooker is indisputable as it is designed with a double bottom, constructed in cast iron and with a powder-coat finish.
For ease of use, you have a slide-out coal drawer, a rack below the grill for housing all cooking ingredients and equipment and four legs with two sturdy two wheels for transport.
- An airtight-flanged grill hood
- Grill barrel
- Side firebox
- Cast iron cooking grates
- Removable charcoal drawers
- Temperature gauge
- Lots of bent pieces and dents
- Rough and unattractive packaging
4. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D
The Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D is also one of those massively built cookers with huge cooking space of 1382 square inches. With this amount of space, you can always have the family gathering and large cookouts you have always dreamt of.
This cooker also features 5 chrome-plated cooking grates, and with a heavy gauge steel body construction, durability is ascertained. You also enjoy safer accessories to your foods with the cool-touch spring lid grip designed with this cooker.
For infusing smoke that will sear your foods deliciously and add your desired flavor, you have the built-in Stainless temperature gauge with “smoke zone” to trust.
For ease of movement, huge wheels have been designed for this cooker. The wheels are large enough to bear the heaviness of the cooker
- Heavy-gauge steel body construction.
- Five chrome-plated cooking grates
- Cool-touch sprung lid grip
- Stainless temperature-gauge
- Very large steel wheels
- Bent pieces and broken welding
5. Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
The Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal Smoker is a cooker with style, difference, and effectiveness. A combination of a gas grill and charcoal smoker that produces the perfect grilling experience.
This cooker offers 1,060 total square inches of cooking space of which 750 square inches is primary cooking space, and 310 square inches is a cooking space in the firebox chamber. The cooking space of 750 square inches is in the main chamber over porcelain-coated cast iron gates which are 6 in number.
It features three burners, and each burner has a British Thermal Unit of 12000. Hence, the total BTU amounts to 36000 BTU in grass grilling chamber.
- Can smoke and charcoal many dishes at the same time
- Stable temperatures with the firebox dampers.
- Effective temperature control
- Great burners
- Paint job/finishing is not good enough
6. Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Offset Smoker
You want to try out grilling on your lawn or garden, and you need a smoker that will perfectly fit into this space and leave you with a memorable and unforgettably grill experience, then you should try out this grill.
The Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Offset smoker has a cooking space of 619 square inches in the main cooking chamber.
With the multiple dampers that come along with this cooker, you can easily and successful control heat and smoke — being organized while cooking is very important as it helps you to have a better cooking outcome. Hence this cooker features shelves that help to accommodate all the necessary accessories you might be needing for grilling.
It is also designed with a firebox. Attached to the firebox is a convenient access door that makes adding wood easy.
- Easy assembling
- Consistent and long-lasting heat
- The side door makes stoking easy
- Cooks food perfectly even.
- Paint melts off
7. Smoke Hollow 4-in-1 LP Gas Charcoal Smoker Searing BBQ Grill Model PS9900
It is designed with an adjustable charcoal tray and dampers that control the temperature effectively. It also features an offset side smoker firebox for indirect cooking and BBQ. You can also cook delicate foods and vegetables as this cooker is designed with a porcelain-coated warming rack.
It also features three burners that are controlled independently and can be lighted easily with electronic ignition. With two lower shelves and 2 condiment racks, cooking becomes stress-free with all the necessary accessories at hand. Moreso, storage is made easy.
In this cooker are four grilling options: used as a liquid propane gas grill, used as a charcoal grill, smoker firebox for indirect cooking and infrared searing burner to sear your meats.
With 3 liquid propane burners, you can cook 20 hamburgers at a time.
- 4 grilling options in one unit
- Ceramic infrared side burner.
- Adjustable charcoal pan
- Offset side smoker firebox.
- No tank included
8. Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Reverse Flow Smoker
Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Reverse Flow Smoker employs a series of 4 baffles to guide heat and smoke through the main chamber, which gives an even and deliciously flavored foods.
The firebox chamber features a large Stainless Steel fuel basket and clean-out door for easy ash removal. With an ample cooking space of 900 square inches of which 619 square inches is in the main chamber, and another extra 289 square inches is in the firebox chamber.
This cooker is a heavy-gauge, all steel construction with porcelain-coated cooking growth. Tested and trusted to be durable and effective in cooking delicious and flavored foods. A large charcoal basket also helps you to manage fuel easily.
- 4 removable baffles
- Large charcoal basket
- Porcelain-coated cooking grates
- Cool-touch handles
- Professional temperature gauge
- Large wheels for easy movements
- Bottom shelf.
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- The side door to the vent may not fit properly
9. Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Reverse Flow Smoker
The Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Reverse Flow Smoker is almost the same as the longhorn smoker, but this cooker features a reverse flow technology which delivers an unparalleled smoking experience with increased heat and smoke evenness.
This cooker features a total space of 1060 square inches, with 751 square inches in the main chamber and 309 square in the firebox chamber. It is a heavy-gauge all steel construction and also offers 4 removable baffles which guide heat and smoke from the firebox into the main chamber of the smoker where it sears the foods and cooks them with a flavor.
To have access to the main chamber and the firebox chamber, cool-touch handles are provided to protect your hands from heat. This cooker also features front and bottom shelves to accommodate all grilling accessories making them handy while cooking and also to store them easily.
Mounted on this cooker is a 3 inches professional lid-mounted temperature gauge and large 10 inches wheels which the cooker sits fittingly on makes mobility easy. In case you want to tend to the fire, this comes hassle-free as the firebox features a convenient access door. Cleaning is carried out through a clean-out door.
- Reverse-flow smoker
- Removable baffles
- 4 porcelain-coated grates
- Stainless Steel fuel basket.
- Clean-out door.
- Just one burner.
10. Outdoor Leisure SH36208 Smoke Hollow 40-Inch Barrel Smoker
This is a grill with style and all the plushness you can imagine. This cooker is built from welded steel in a high-temperature black powder-coated finish. It offers a cooking space of 720 square inches, which can accommodate 45 burgers at once; that is, 45 mouths can be fed at a time. Isn’t that beautiful?
With an extra-large large chimney, offset firebox and wire mesh front table, this is a cooker that will give your a perfect and hassle-free grilling experience without any regret. I also features a bottom shelf for your storing your accessories.
- Fuel type: charcoal or wood
- Large cooking area
- Durable and long-lasting finish
- Wire cooking Friday with porcelain coating.
- Poor packaging
- Filed Under: Popular, Smokers